Stormwater Drain and Embankment Stabilisation for Gold Coast City Council
Hickey Way Cararra Q 4211
Mat: Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats
Underlay: Biodegradable Nutrition Geotextile Underlay
Anchoring: Joiner Strip and Steel UBar Anchors
OUR REF: ACM 0208
City of Gold Coast manages the stormwater drain which is located in a suburban area. They needed safe access for residents using the park and for council maintenance workers. The parkway drains had become overgrown and were boggy that made it difficult to maintain right up to the drain edges on the slopes as well as the erosion and scouring of the bottom of the drain due to the intensity of stormwater that ran though during heavy rain events.
Flexible concrete mats would help to address these issues.
A total of 173 sqm – 6 x 12m Flexible Concrete Mats with Biodegradable Nutrition Geotextile Underlay to encourage vegetation to grow through the mats were used for this site.
Joining strips and Ubar Anchors were used to join and anchor the mats along drains and edges.
Concrete mats were good solution as they provided,
- Good drainage with permeable qualities
- Hard Armoured protection for vehicle and foot traffic,
- Stabilisation for the vegetated slopes.
- Safe to maintain and mow when vegetation has grown through the mats.
- Easily able to contour around the landscaped culverts, pipes, trees and rocks
- A safer access and exit for residents and users of the park.
- A sound and cost effective solution.
GALLERY OF WORKS
Rural, Agricultural & Private Projects
RURAL - AGRICULTURAL - GRAZIERS - PASTORAL - ORCHARDS - IRRIGATION
Local Councils, Municipal & Public Works
PUBLIC WORKS - REGIONAL GOVERNMENT - LOCAL COUNCILS - CIVIC - MUNICIPAL
Construction, Roads, Bridges, Mining & Energy
CIVIL - ROADS - AVIATION - RAIL - MINES - CONSTRUCTION
Environmental and Rehabilitation Projects
ENVIRONMENTAL - REGENERATION - REHABILITATION - SUSTAINABLE