Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain
Rous Mill NSW 2477
- 180 linear metres
- 18 rolls – 2.4 wide x 10m long
- 8 hours start to finish
- 1 x 8 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourer
OUR REF: ACM 0137
The shallow drain between rows in macadamia orchard was showing signs of erosion due to the flow of water, cutting a deep channel and beginning of erosion issues. Property manager wanted a long term solution to support the water flow and vegetation growth as well as something that would support tractors for mowing and maintenance and harvesting vehicles driving on it.
- Excavator levelled and prepared the eroded drain and shaped a channel for water flow.
- 18 rolls of concrete mat were delivered to site and unloaded along the edge of the prepared drain.
- The drain was seeded underneath and mats were supplied with Nutrition mat underlay
- The tractor unrolled the mats into position along the length of the orchard drain
- The mats were laid end to end and overlapped at the ends for a continuous flow
- End results would be much easier to maintain and reduced erosion of vital top soil in the orchard
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Reduce the speed of the water when as it flowed down the orchard drain during heavy rains
- Encourage vegetation growth into the future to allow for the farmer to maintain the drains.
- Reduce sediment loss
- Very efficient with time and resources.
- This project was complete in only 8 hours with minimal labour as well!
- Once laid the mats starts working straight away, with sound long term benefits!
GALLERY OF WORKS
Rural, Agricultural & Private Projects
RURAL - AGRICULTURAL - GRAZIERS - PASTORAL - ORCHARDS - IRRIGATION
Local Councils, Municipal & Public Works
PUBLIC WORKS - REGIONAL GOVERNMENT - LOCAL COUNCILS - CIVIC - MUNICIPAL
Construction, Roads, Bridges, Mining & Energy
CIVIL - ROADS - AVIATION - RAIL - MINES - CONSTRUCTION
Environmental and Rehabilitation Projects
ENVIRONMENTAL - REGENERATION - REHABILITATION - SUSTAINABLE