Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain
Rous Mill NSW 2477
- 180 linear metres
- 18 rolls – 2.4 wide x 10m long
- 8 hours start to finish
- 1 x 8 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourer
OUR REF: ACM 0137
The video demonstrates water flow over mat in macadamia orchard.
The shallow drain between rows in macadamia orchard was showing signs of erosion due to the flow of water, cutting a deep channel and beginning of erosion issues. Property manager wanted a long term solution to support the water flow and vegetation growth as well as something that would support tractors for mowing and maintenance and harvesting vehicles driving on it.
- Excavator levelled and prepared the eroded drain and shaped a channel for water flow.
- 18 rolls of concrete mat were delivered to site and unloaded along the edge of the prepared drain.
- The drain was seeded underneath and mats were supplied with Nutrition mat underlay
- The tractor unrolled the mats into position along the length of the orchard drain
- The mats were laid end to end and overlapped at the ends for a continuous flow
- End results would be much easier to maintain and reduced erosion of vital top soil in the orchard
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Reduce the speed of the water when as it flowed down the orchard drain during heavy rains
- Encourage vegetation growth into the future to allow for the farmer to maintain the drains.
- Reduce sediment loss
- Very efficient with time and resources.
- This project was complete in only 8 hours with minimal labour as well!
- Once laid the mats starts working straight away, with sound long term benefits!
Watch how easy it is to install the erosion mat on this project.
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...
PROJECT: Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings. LOCATION: Residential property, Ballina...
PROJECT: Replace Failed Rock Mattresses on overflow channel LOCATION: Gowrie Junction QLD 4252 PROJECT STATS: 209...
PROJECT: Shute Harbour and Seawall LOCATION: Shute Harbour QLD 4802 PROJECT STATS: 156 square metres 54 Cable Block...
PROJECT: Build replacement stormwater drain for Queensland Healthy Land & Water LOCATION: Pine Mountain Queensland...