Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain
Rous Mill NSW 2477
- 180 linear metres
- 18 rolls – 2.4 wide x 10m long
- 8 hours start to finish
- 1 x 8 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourer
OUR REF: ACM 0137
The shallow drain between rows in macadamia orchard was showing signs of erosion due to the flow of water, cutting a deep channel and beginning of erosion issues. Property manager wanted a long term solution to support the water flow and vegetation growth as well as something that would support tractors for mowing and maintenance and harvesting vehicles driving on it.
- Excavator levelled and prepared the eroded drain and shaped a channel for water flow.
- 18 rolls of concrete mat were delivered to site and unloaded along the edge of the prepared drain.
- The drain was seeded underneath and mats were supplied with Nutrition mat underlay
- The tractor unrolled the mats into position along the length of the orchard drain
- The mats were laid end to end and overlapped at the ends for a continuous flow
- End results would be much easier to maintain and reduced erosion of vital top soil in the orchard
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Reduce the speed of the water when as it flowed down the orchard drain during heavy rains
- Encourage vegetation growth into the future to allow for the farmer to maintain the drains.
- Reduce sediment loss
- Very efficient with time and resources.
- This project was complete in only 8 hours with minimal labour as well!
- Once laid the mats starts working straight away, with sound long term benefits!
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Line and shape a sloped driveway and runoff drain LOCATION: St Helena Hill Ewingsdale NSW 2479 PROJECT STATS:...
PROJECT: At Barfield Station, a series of porous check dams were installed along two gully systems to slow the flow of...
PROJECT: Repair to eroded gravel driveway and runoff drains LOCATION: Houghlahans Creek Farm NSW PROJECT STATS: Mat:...
PROJECT: Repair and line wide drainage channels with concrete mats for roadside drains. LOCATION: Bulloo Shire Council...
PROJECT: Upgrade slope stabilisation, erosion control and drainage and culvert lining LOCATION: Western Downs Regional...
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock. LOCATION: Hewitt Station near Alice Springs...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...