To construct a services access road through a swampy area for Country Energy Contractor vehicles.
Marom Creek Road, MEERSCHAUM VALE NSW
- 36 square metres –
- 1 roll – 2.4m wide x 15m mat
- 1.5 hour start to finish
- 1 5 ton excavator with bucket
- 1 operator and 1 labourer
OUR REF: ACM0100.E
Farm creek crossing and culvert entrance was dry due to drought so prime opportunity to clear out and construct a suitable hard surface access road for services to driveover without getting bogged and to avoide further erosion of the creek bed from fast flowing water.
- Excavator was used to clear debris and weeds along the creek and culvert opening and stabilise the base of the creek bed.
- Area was seeded for grass to grow under the mat
- Concrete Erosion rolls placed into position and unrolled into place
- The flexible nature of the mats ensured that it easily contoured to the curves of the creek bed.
- The bucket of the loader simply pulled the mat to straighten and into position
- Once the mat was in position the excavator drove over it to track the mat into the ground
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Reduce the velocity of the water when it flowed across the concrete mat
- Vegetation will grow through the mat and allow for the farmer to maintain into the future
- Reduce sediment loss and maintain a hard surface creek crossing
- Very efficient with time and resources.
- The works were completed swiftly, with minimal labour and effort
- Once laid the mats start working straight away.
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...
PROJECT: Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings. LOCATION: Residential property, Ballina...
PROJECT: Replace Failed Rock Mattresses on overflow channel LOCATION: Gowrie Junction QLD 4252 PROJECT STATS: 209...
PROJECT: Shute Harbour and Seawall LOCATION: Shute Harbour QLD 4802 PROJECT STATS: 156 square metres 54 Cable Block...