To construct a services access road through a swampy area for Country Energy Contractor vehicles.
Marom Creek Road, MEERSCHAUM VALE NSW
- 36 square metres –
- 1 roll – 2.4m wide x 15m mat
- 1.5 hour start to finish
- 1 5 ton excavator with bucket
- 1 operator and 1 labourer
OUR REF: ACM0100.E
Farm creek crossing and culvert entrance was dry due to drought so prime opportunity to clear out and construct a suitable hard surface access road for services to driveover without getting bogged and to avoide further erosion of the creek bed from fast flowing water.
- Excavator was used to clear debris and weeds along the creek and culvert opening and stabilise the base of the creek bed.
- Area was seeded for grass to grow under the mat
- Concrete Erosion rolls placed into position and unrolled into place
- The flexible nature of the mats ensured that it easily contoured to the curves of the creek bed.
- The bucket of the loader simply pulled the mat to straighten and into position
- Once the mat was in position the excavator drove over it to track the mat into the ground
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Reduce the velocity of the water when it flowed across the concrete mat
- Vegetation will grow through the mat and allow for the farmer to maintain into the future
- Reduce sediment loss and maintain a hard surface creek crossing
- Very efficient with time and resources.
- The works were completed swiftly, with minimal labour and effort
- Once laid the mats start working straight away.
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Line and shape a sloped driveway and runoff drain LOCATION: St Helena Hill Ewingsdale NSW 2479 PROJECT STATS:...
PROJECT: At Barfield Station, a series of porous check dams were installed along two gully systems to slow the flow of...
PROJECT: Repair to eroded gravel driveway and runoff drains LOCATION: Houghlahans Creek Farm NSW PROJECT STATS: Mat:...
PROJECT: Repair and line wide drainage channels with concrete mats for roadside drains. LOCATION: Bulloo Shire Council...
PROJECT: Upgrade slope stabilisation, erosion control and drainage and culvert lining LOCATION: Western Downs Regional...
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock. LOCATION: Hewitt Station near Alice Springs...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...