Transport and Handling
The mats are easy to handle and transport
Sizes and Weight Detail for Flexible Concrete Mats
Concrete Roll Sizes and Weight Specifications
- Rolls are supplied in 2.4m wide in lengths up to 15m.
- The mat weighs 45kg per sqm.
- Each 15m roll is 36 sqm.
- Weight of 1 x 15m roll is 1.6 ton.
- 15 rolls make a semi load (just under 24 ton)
- Details below are an indication of what’s available.
|MAT LENGTH|| 6M ROLL|
|Weight (kg)||648 kg||864 kg||1080 kg||1296 kg||1600 kg|
|Mats per semi truckload (24 tonne)||37 Rolls||24 Rolls||22 Rolls||18 Rolls||15 Rolls|
|Lifting Points/Straps||2 x Straps||2 x straps||2 x lifting straps||2 x lifting straps||2 x lifting straps|
|Diameter of Each Roll (cm)||Approx 40 cm||Approx 55 cm||Approx 72 cm||Approx 80 cm||Approx 90 cm|
Lifting and Loading Concrete Mats
A guide to lifting flexible concrete erosion mats
These tips are for when lifting the Concrete Mats with the orange strapping provided on each of the rolls. (Note: if you are unsure, Hire a qualified dogman and crane operator. Use load certified and approved lifting straps).
- Concrete mats 2.4m wide 3m to 10m long require 2 x lifting points per mat, using approved lifting chains.
- Concrete Mats 2.4m wide x 10m to 15m long require 2 x lifting points per Mat using supplied lifting slings
Use appropriate lifting machinery and licenced dogman, if unsure ask!
Approximate size of the excavator to move concrete mats and place.
- 5 Tonne excavators to lift mats size 2.4m x 3m to 8lm
- 8 Tonne excavators to lift mats size 2.4m x 8m to 10lm
- 12 Tonne excavators to lift mats sizes 2.4m x 10m to 12lm
- 20 Tonne Excavator to lift mats sizes 2.4m x 12m to 15lm long