To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event.
Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE QLD 4552
- 57 square metres
- 2 rolls – 2.4m wide x 12m mat
- Underlay geotextile was Non-woven underlay
- 1 x 5 ton excavator with bucket
- 1 operator and 1 labourer
- 5 hours start to finish
OUR REF: ACM 0143
This dam spillway was continuously getting worn away after every rain event. The property owner required flows to be controlled and spillways constructed in a way that would protect the spillway from further erosion and also prevent it from future erosion. He also needed good access so he could mow with his slasher in the future without damaging the dam edges.
- Excavator was used to clear and prepare and reshape the spillway
- The cleared area was seeded for grass to grow under the mat
- Spillway was then seeded
- Concrete Erosion rolls were placed into position and unrolled across the cleared areas
- The flexible nature of the mats ensured that it easily contoured to the curves of the spillway
- The bucket of the excavator simply pulled the mat to straighten and into position
- irrigated to establish the grass that would help to stabilise the site
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Reduced flow speed and therefore potential erosion of the water as it flowed across the concrete mat
- The mat and seeded area was irrigated to establish the grass
- Spillway was stabilised and able to be easily and safely mowed
- Sediment loss was reduced
- Very efficient with time and resources
- The works were completed swiftly, with minimal labour and effort
- Once laid the mats start working straight away
- 6 weeks after installation grass had grown through and covered the mat.
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock. LOCATION: Hewitt Station near Alice Springs...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...
PROJECT: Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings. LOCATION: Residential property, Ballina...