To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock.
Hewitt Station near Alice Springs in Northern Territory
- 530 square metres
- 44 rolls – 2.4m wide x 5m mats
- 2 mats per trough
- Underlay geotextile was biodegradable Nutrition mats
- 1 x Telehandler
- 1 operator and 1 labourer
- 2 hours each trough start to finish
OUR REF: ACM 0158
The client required a hard-stand and permeable stable surface for around their water troughs. The wear from high traffic of cattle creates mud at the base, and then when dry the top soils were being blown away. before the mats , the base of a newly installed trough would be eroded up to 10 inches from the original ground height. The concrete mats help to minimise loss of soil from being blown away as well as a safe hard stable surface for the livestock to walk on. The ground needed to be heavy load bearing, provide stabilisation and prevent erosion, The mats are a cost effective, sound long term solution.
- The area around the troughs were levelled and cleared to create an area for the mat
- Rolls were only 5m long hence able to be unrolled into position
- The geogrid was cut to go around the water pipes
- Mat was anchored using Ubar anchors
- Concrete Trough was centred on top of the mat footprint
- Dirt was filled on top of the mats
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Safe access underfoot for stock and firm footing in wet conditions was provided
- Minimise wind and splash erosion
- Less maintenance of troughs across entire remote station
- Reduced costs for lower maintenance and less replacements cost for damaged troughs
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Beach Access track needed to be stabilised for foot traffic as well as Emergency and recreational vehicle...
PROJECT: Pathway and Slope Stabilisation and scour protection LOCATION: Airlie Beach Q PROJECT STATS: Mat: Flexible...
PROJECT: Resurface washed out and sloping gravel driveway LOCATION: Gap Road Uralba NSW 2477 PROJECT STATS: Mat:...
PROJECT: Line and shape a sloped driveway and runoff drain LOCATION: St Helena Hill Ewingsdale NSW 2479 PROJECT STATS:...
PROJECT: At Barfield Station, a series of porous check dams were installed along two gully systems to slow the flow of...
PROJECT: Repair to eroded gravel driveway and runoff drains LOCATION: Houghlahans Creek Farm NSW PROJECT STATS: Mat:...
Mining site tailing dams, overburden piles and retention ponds suffering seepage, embankment erosion, or dam and slope...
PROJECT: Repair and line wide drainage channels with concrete mats for roadside drains. LOCATION: Bulloo Shire Council...
PROJECT: Upgrade slope stabilisation, erosion control and drainage and culvert lining LOCATION: Western Downs Regional...
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...