To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock.
Hewitt Station near Alice Springs in Northern Territory
- 530 square metres
- 44 rolls – 2.4m wide x 5m mats
- 2 mats per trough
- Underlay geotextile was biodegradable Nutrition mats
- 1 x Telehandler
- 1 operator and 1 labourer
- 2 hours each trough start to finish
OUR REF: ACM 0158
The client required a hard-stand and permeable stable surface for around their water troughs. The wear from high traffic of cattle creates mud at the base, and then when dry the top soils were being blown away. before the mats , the base of a newly installed trough would be eroded up to 10 inches from the original ground height. The concrete mats help to minimise loss of soil from being blown away as well as a safe hard stable surface for the livestock to walk on. The ground needed to be heavy load bearing, provide stabilisation and prevent erosion, The mats are a cost effective, sound long term solution.
- The area around the troughs were levelled and cleared to create an area for the mat
- Rolls were only 5m long hence able to be unrolled into position
- The geogrid was cut to go around the water pipes
- Mat was anchored using Ubar anchors
- Concrete Trough was centred on top of the mat footprint
- Dirt was filled on top of the mats
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Safe access underfoot for stock and firm footing in wet conditions was provided
- Minimise wind and splash erosion
- Less maintenance of troughs across entire remote station
- Reduced costs for lower maintenance and less replacements cost for damaged troughs
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...
PROJECT: Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings. LOCATION: Residential property, Ballina...
PROJECT: Replace Failed Rock Mattresses on overflow channel LOCATION: Gowrie Junction QLD 4252 PROJECT STATS: 209...
PROJECT: Shute Harbour and Seawall LOCATION: Shute Harbour QLD 4802 PROJECT STATS: 156 square metres 54 Cable Block...