Articulated Cable Block Mat
Articulated Concrete Block Mat for heavy duty erosion protection.
An interconnected and permeable hard armour protection system.
What is an Articulated Concrete Block Mat?
The block mat system is interconnected by polypropylene or stain-less steel cables, which are poured through each block in both directions. This allows each individual block to be flexible and form to the terrain of the ground.
To provide protection for larger areas, the mats are placed side by side, joined together using cable clamps.
- Contours to the existing ground contours
- Features water permeability and supports vegetation growth
- Provides strong hard-armour protection
- Features durability and flexibility
- Provides maximum protection from erosion
Features and Benefits
- Flexible design for fast economical installation•
- Interlocking cables are looped on mat edges to provide mat-to-mat connection and optional anchoring
- Flexible mats conform to ground contours, minimizing site preparation
- Gaps between blocks provide water permeability and vegetation growth
- Easily maintained when vegetated or rock filled
- Cost-effective solution to severe or minor erosion
- Precast mats with pre-attached geotextile speed installation and quality of finished project
- Mats can be removed and reused on future sites
Where is the Block Mat used?
- Scour protection
- Shoreline stabilisation
- Dam spillways
- Access ramps
- Boat Launches
- Low level crossings
- Culvert outlets
Concrete Block Mat Specifications
- Each block is typically 120mm high, 290x290mm on the top face and 390x390mm at the bottom face.
- Mats are 2400x1200mm, made from 40 MPA concrete blocks interlocked by polypropylene or stainless steel cables, which are poured through each block in both directions.
- 15mm spacing (at base) between blocks provide opening for vegetation to grow through or granular backfill.
- To provide protection for larger areas, the mats are placed side by side, joined together using cable clamps.
Size and Weight Detail for Articulated Cable Blocks
Articulated Block Mats Sizes and Weight Specifications
- Articulated Block Mats are 1.2m width x 2.4m length
- One Articulated Block Mat weighs 215kg per sqm
- One Articulated Block Mat weight is 620kg each
- For bulk orders and ease of handling the Articulated block mats can be packed onto pallets.
Articulated Block Mat Size Detail
|WIDTH||LENGTH||WEIGHT of MAT||WEIGHT/SQM|
|1200 mm wide||2400 mm length||620 kg each mat||215 kg / SQM|