To upgrade and construct a drainage channel alongside sports fields and railway track
Church Street, MOSS VALE NSW 2577
- 2350 square metres
- 4 weeks start to finish
- 8 tonne excavator
- 4 tonne excavator
- skid steer
- dump truck
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0117
The Wembley Road Playing Fields Drain was being reconstructed from a minor drain into a larger drain to accommodate the water runoff from a new subdivision opposite the playing fields and cater for the water runoff from adjacent railway tracks. The new drain was over 350 meters long and 6 meters wide.
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the new drainage channel.
- Excess soil had to be removed from site.
- Site required levelling with a Grader.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted from truck into position.
- Due to the vegetation growing on one side of the drain the Council required two excavator machines to unroll the concrete mats longitudinally up the drain. One smaller excavator inside the drain and the other to one side.
- The mat edges were trenched into the soil. The joins where pinned using U-Bar anchors.
- The Concrete mats where topped with soil to promote vegetation growth.
- The entire project is sprayed with grass seed .
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled a permeable drain.
- Easy to maintain and mow.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- Two excavators to offload and place in drain.
- Skid steer to clean up site and place top soil.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading soil over mats, and preparation of the site for public access
4 weeks for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...
PROJECT: Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings. LOCATION: Residential property, Ballina...
PROJECT: Replace Failed Rock Mattresses on overflow channel LOCATION: Gowrie Junction QLD 4252 PROJECT STATS: 209...
PROJECT: Shute Harbour and Seawall LOCATION: Shute Harbour QLD 4802 PROJECT STATS: 156 square metres 54 Cable Block...