Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion.
Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike Park. Alstonville NSW 2477
- 16 square metres (1200mm strips}
- 3 hours start to finish
- Hand placed
- 3 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0100.F
The Duck Creek Mountain Bike Park had an area of bike trail constantly being washed away due to its proximity to a water course and the constant use of MTB users.
The surface was constantly wet and created erosion issues when it rained.
- Replace and level between buildings.
- Carry the mats into place in strips using wheelbarrows.
- Place the mats and pin down.
- Plant the Mondo Grass between concrete Shapes.
- Cover Geogrid with soil and stones.
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled access over moist spring area.
- Very efficient solution for challenging scenario – Due to frequent bicycle use and moist soil conditions.
- Efficient solution with minimal resources available.
- Once laid the mats were able to be ridden on straight away enabling good safe access for bicycles.
- Safe for environment – no contamination to the forest area.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- Due to its proximity in the forest only hand tools where available on site.
- Wheelbarrows used to transport the Concrete Mats to position.
- Fast and efficient installation. Three labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading sand over mats, and preparation of the site for public access use after mat was laid into place.
3 weeks for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings. LOCATION: Residential property, Ballina...
PROJECT: Replace Failed Rock Mattresses on overflow channel LOCATION: Gowrie Junction QLD 4252 PROJECT STATS: 209...
PROJECT: Shute Harbour and Seawall LOCATION: Shute Harbour QLD 4802 PROJECT STATS: 156 square metres 54 Cable Block...
PROJECT: Build replacement stormwater drain for Queensland Healthy Land & Water LOCATION: Pine Mountain Queensland...