Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion.
Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike Park. Alstonville NSW 2477
- 16 square metres (1200mm strips}
- 3 hours start to finish
- Hand placed
- 3 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0100.F
The Duck Creek Mountain Bike Park had an area of bike trail constantly being washed away due to its proximity to a water course and the constant use of MTB users.
The surface was constantly wet and created erosion issues when it rained.
- Replace and level between buildings.
- Carry the mats into place in strips using wheelbarrows.
- Place the mats and pin down.
- Plant the Mondo Grass between concrete Shapes.
- Cover Geogrid with soil and stones.
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled access over moist spring area.
- Very efficient solution for challenging scenario – Due to frequent bicycle use and moist soil conditions.
- Efficient solution with minimal resources available.
- Once laid the mats were able to be ridden on straight away enabling good safe access for bicycles.
- Safe for environment – no contamination to the forest area.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- Due to its proximity in the forest only hand tools where available on site.
- Wheelbarrows used to transport the Concrete Mats to position.
- Fast and efficient installation. Three labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading sand over mats, and preparation of the site for public access use after mat was laid into place.
3 weeks for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Line and shape a sloped driveway and runoff drain LOCATION: St Helena Hill Ewingsdale NSW 2479 PROJECT STATS:...
PROJECT: At Barfield Station, a series of porous check dams were installed along two gully systems to slow the flow of...
PROJECT: Repair to eroded gravel driveway and runoff drains LOCATION: Houghlahans Creek Farm NSW PROJECT STATS: Mat:...
PROJECT: Repair and line wide drainage channels with concrete mats for roadside drains. LOCATION: Bulloo Shire Council...
PROJECT: Upgrade slope stabilisation, erosion control and drainage and culvert lining LOCATION: Western Downs Regional...
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock. LOCATION: Hewitt Station near Alice Springs...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...