- Build Temporary Boat Ramp for access alongside the construction of permanent ramp
- DINGO BEACH near PROSERPINE QLD 4800
- 168 square metres
- 5 hours start to finish
- 8 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourer
OUR REF: ACM 0103
The Dingo Beach Boat Ramp was being reconstructed and a temporary hard stand surface was required for the recreational boat ramp users, whilst the permanent structure was undergoing maintenance and reconstruction works.
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the temporary access point to beach parallel to the existing ramp.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted from truck into position on the beach
- An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats onto the beach
- The mats and edges were then covered in sand to hold into position due to the tides and traffic
- The sand was then ‘watered-in’ with the excavator bucket
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled access over sand and into water for vehicles
- Very efficient solution for challenging scenario – working between tidal zones, with limited access times and minimal resources.
- Once laid the mats were able to be driven on straight away enabling good safe access for vehicles and boats between high and low tidal zones.
- Safe for environment – no contamination to the beach or ocean
- When the permanent boat ramp construction is completed the erosion control mat can be rolled up again and reused on another project.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation.Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading sand over mats, and preparation of the site for public access use after mat was laid into place.
- 5 hours for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
GALLERY OF WORKS
Rural, Agricultural & Private Projects
RURAL – AGRICULTURAL – GRAZIERS – PASTORAL – ORCHARDS – IRRIGATION
Local Councils, Municipal & Public Works
PUBLIC WORKS – REGIONAL GOVERNMENT – LOCAL COUNCILS – CIVIC – MUNICIPAL
Construction, Roads, Bridges, Mining & Energy
CIVIL – ROADS – AVIATION – RAIL – MINES – CONSTRUCTION
Environmental and Rehabilitation Projects
ENVIRONMENTAL – REGENERATION – REHABILITATION – SUSTAINABLE