Build replacement stormwater drain for Queensland Healthy Land & Water
Pine Mountain Queensland
- 72 square metres
- 4 hours start to finish
- 8 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourer
OUR REF: ACM 0135
The Stormwater drain has been a major issue for Healthy Land and Water Queensland.
The previous attempts to rectify the drain have failed when using Rip Rap. It has resulted in numerous failures due to the drop in elevation and the alluvial soils in the area. The constant erosion has resulted in soil flowing into the local waterways.
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the water drainage channel.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted from truck into position using an Excavator.
- An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats down the slope.
- The mat edges were then pinned down with metal stakes. Additional rock was placed around the mat edges.
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat to enable the water to flow down the slope.
- Cost effective solution to alternative.
- Quick instillation time.
- Once laid the mats were able to start working straight away.
- Safe for environment – no contamination to the stream.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, placing rock.
4 weeks for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Line and shape a sloped driveway and runoff drain LOCATION: St Helena Hill Ewingsdale NSW 2479 PROJECT STATS:...
PROJECT: At Barfield Station, a series of porous check dams were installed along two gully systems to slow the flow of...
PROJECT: Repair to eroded gravel driveway and runoff drains LOCATION: Houghlahans Creek Farm NSW PROJECT STATS: Mat:...
PROJECT: Repair and line wide drainage channels with concrete mats for roadside drains. LOCATION: Bulloo Shire Council...
PROJECT: Upgrade slope stabilisation, erosion control and drainage and culvert lining LOCATION: Western Downs Regional...
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...