Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings.
Residential property, Ballina NSW 2478
- 8 square metres
- 4 hours start to finish
- Manual Labour
- Husband and Wife
OUR REF: ACM 0100.G
The shaded area between two adjoining properties remained moist and constantly eroded.
No grass could grow as there is minimal sunlight and water was flowing from adjoining properties due to the natural fall of the land. The erosion mat enabled the moisture to drain away yet encouraged the growth of the vegetation which would over time also help to anchor the mat into place.
- Replace and level between buildings.
- Carry the mats into place in strips using wheelbarrows.
- Place the mats and pin down.
- Plant the Mondo Grass between concrete shapes.
- Cover Geogrid with soil and stones
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled safe access.
- Very efficient solution for challenging scenario – working between two buildings up a slope with minimal resources.
- Once laid the mats were able to be provide start working straight away enabling good safe access and reduced erosion.
- Safe for environment, silt runoff captured and sediment runoff controlled – no contamination to the storm water drains.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- Wheelbarrow and hand tools to place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading and planting over mats.
- Safe access area for children after mat was laid into place.
4 weeks for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
Rural, Agricultural & Private Projects
RURAL - AGRICULTURAL - GRAZIERS - PASTORAL - ORCHARDS - IRRIGATION
Local Councils, Municipal & Public Works
PUBLIC WORKS - REGIONAL GOVERNMENT - LOCAL COUNCILS - CIVIC - MUNICIPAL
Construction, Roads, Bridges, Mining & Energy
CIVIL - ROADS - AVIATION - RAIL - MINES - CONSTRUCTION
Environmental and Rehabilitation Projects
ENVIRONMENTAL - REGENERATION - REHABILITATION - SUSTAINABLE