Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings.
Residential property, Ballina NSW 2478
- 8 square metres
- 4 hours start to finish
- Manual Labour
- Husband and Wife
OUR REF: ACM 0100.G
The shaded area between two adjoining properties remained moist and constantly eroded.
No grass could grow as there is minimal sunlight and water was flowing from adjoining properties due to the natural fall of the land. The erosion mat enabled the moisture to drain away yet encouraged the growth of the vegetation which would over time also help to anchor the mat into place.
- Replace and level between buildings.
- Carry the mats into place in strips using wheelbarrows.
- Place the mats and pin down.
- Plant the Mondo Grass between concrete shapes.
- Cover Geogrid with soil and stones
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled safe access.
- Very efficient solution for challenging scenario – working between two buildings up a slope with minimal resources.
- Once laid the mats were able to be provide start working straight away enabling good safe access and reduced erosion.
- Safe for environment, silt runoff captured and sediment runoff controlled – no contamination to the storm water drains.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- Wheelbarrow and hand tools to place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading and planting over mats.
- Safe access area for children after mat was laid into place.
4 weeks for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...
PROJECT: Replace Failed Rock Mattresses on overflow channel LOCATION: Gowrie Junction QLD 4252 PROJECT STATS: 209...
PROJECT: Shute Harbour and Seawall LOCATION: Shute Harbour QLD 4802 PROJECT STATS: 156 square metres 54 Cable Block...
PROJECT: Build replacement stormwater drain for Queensland Healthy Land & Water LOCATION: Pine Mountain Queensland...