Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings.
Residential property, Ballina NSW 2478
- 8 square metres
- 4 hours start to finish
- Manual Labour
- Husband and Wife
OUR REF: ACM 0100.G
The shaded area between two adjoining properties remained moist and constantly eroded.
No grass could grow as there is minimal sunlight and water was flowing from adjoining properties due to the natural fall of the land. The erosion mat enabled the moisture to drain away yet encouraged the growth of the vegetation which would over time also help to anchor the mat into place.
- Replace and level between buildings.
- Carry the mats into place in strips using wheelbarrows.
- Place the mats and pin down.
- Plant the Mondo Grass between concrete shapes.
- Cover Geogrid with soil and stones
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled safe access.
- Very efficient solution for challenging scenario – working between two buildings up a slope with minimal resources.
- Once laid the mats were able to be provide start working straight away enabling good safe access and reduced erosion.
- Safe for environment, silt runoff captured and sediment runoff controlled – no contamination to the storm water drains.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- Wheelbarrow and hand tools to place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading and planting over mats.
- Safe access area for children after mat was laid into place.
4 weeks for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Line and shape a sloped driveway and runoff drain LOCATION: St Helena Hill Ewingsdale NSW 2479 PROJECT STATS:...
PROJECT: At Barfield Station, a series of porous check dams were installed along two gully systems to slow the flow of...
PROJECT: Repair to eroded gravel driveway and runoff drains LOCATION: Houghlahans Creek Farm NSW PROJECT STATS: Mat:...
PROJECT: Repair and line wide drainage channels with concrete mats for roadside drains. LOCATION: Bulloo Shire Council...
PROJECT: Upgrade slope stabilisation, erosion control and drainage and culvert lining LOCATION: Western Downs Regional...
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock. LOCATION: Hewitt Station near Alice Springs...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...