Stabilise slope of new irrigation pond embankment being built for new pump heads
Nanango QLD 4615
- 108 square metres
- 3 hours start to finish
- 20 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0129
The Nanango irrigation pump head was installed on a private property by the Farmer to reduce sediment flowing into the ponds and eliminating erosion the dam edges.
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the dam sides.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted from the truck into position on the top side of the dam wall and rolled into the water.
- An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats.
- The mats and edges were then covered with a concrete edge and slab.
- The soil was then placed, seeded and ‘watered-in’ over the top of the Concrete erosion mats.
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from erosion mat helps minimised sediment erosion.
- Maintains integrity of pump stand.
- Reduced water lapping to pump stand wall.
- Allows for vegetation growth to minimize soil slippage.
- Very efficient solution for challenging scenario – working between dam wall and water.
- Safe for environment – no contamination to the beach or ocean
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading soil over mats, and preparation of the site.
- Safe access for concrete workers doing the concrete slab.
2 hours for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Line and shape a sloped driveway and runoff drain LOCATION: St Helena Hill Ewingsdale NSW 2479 PROJECT STATS:...
PROJECT: At Barfield Station, a series of porous check dams were installed along two gully systems to slow the flow of...
PROJECT: Repair to eroded gravel driveway and runoff drains LOCATION: Houghlahans Creek Farm NSW PROJECT STATS: Mat:...
PROJECT: Repair and line wide drainage channels with concrete mats for roadside drains. LOCATION: Bulloo Shire Council...
PROJECT: Upgrade slope stabilisation, erosion control and drainage and culvert lining LOCATION: Western Downs Regional...
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock. LOCATION: Hewitt Station near Alice Springs...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...