Stabilise slope of new irrigation pond embankment being built for new pump heads
Nanango QLD 4615
- 108 square metres
- 3 hours start to finish
- 20 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0129
The Nanango irrigation pump head was installed on a private property by the Farmer to reduce sediment flowing into the ponds and eliminating erosion the dam edges.
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the dam sides.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted from the truck into position on the top side of the dam wall and rolled into the water.
- An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats.
- The mats and edges were then covered with a concrete edge and slab.
- The soil was then placed, seeded and ‘watered-in’ over the top of the Concrete erosion mats.
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from erosion mat helps minimised sediment erosion.
- Maintains integrity of pump stand.
- Reduced water lapping to pump stand wall.
- Allows for vegetation growth to minimize soil slippage.
- Very efficient solution for challenging scenario – working between dam wall and water.
- Safe for environment – no contamination to the beach or ocean
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading soil over mats, and preparation of the site.
- Safe access for concrete workers doing the concrete slab.
2 hours for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...
PROJECT: Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings. LOCATION: Residential property, Ballina...
PROJECT: Replace Failed Rock Mattresses on overflow channel LOCATION: Gowrie Junction QLD 4252 PROJECT STATS: 209...
PROJECT: Shute Harbour and Seawall LOCATION: Shute Harbour QLD 4802 PROJECT STATS: 156 square metres 54 Cable Block...