To construct a spillway and overflow channel to control the release of flows from the farm dam
Marom Creek Road, MEERSCHAUM VALE NSW
- 144 square metres
- 4 rolls – 2.4m wide x 15m mat
- 5 hour start to finish
- 1 x 5 ton excavator with bucket
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0100.D
Farm dams overflow and spillway were damaged due to erosion from floods and heavy rains. Farmer required flows to be regulated and spillways constructed in a way that would minimise sediment flowing into and from his dam. He also needed good access so he could mow with his slasher in the future without damaging the dam edges.
- Excavator was used to clear the eroded channels and prepare drain for water to flow into the dam
- Excavator cleared and prepared the dam slipway for water to flow between the dams
- The cleared area was seeded for grass to grow under the mat
- Concrete Erosion rolls were placed into position and unrolled across the cleared areas
- The flexible nature of the mats ensured that it easily contoured to the curves of the spillway and dam edges
- The bucket of the excavator simply pulled the mat to straighten and into position
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Reduced flow speed and therefore potential erosion of the water as it flowed across the concrete mat
- Vegetation will grow through the mat and allow for the farmer to maintain into the future
- Reduce sediment loss and maintain a hard surface creek access to dam edges
- Very efficient with time and resources.
- The works were completed swiftly, with minimal labour and effort
- Once laid the mats start working straight away
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock. LOCATION: Hewitt Station near Alice Springs...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...