Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats
Beechmont QLD 4211
- 180 square metres. Mat width 1.2m wide
- 7 hours start to finish
- 12 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourer
OUR REF: ACM 0116
- The Stormwater channel was damaged due to recent flooding.
- The Rip Rap (stones)had been displaced due to high water velocity.
- A more permanent drain was required that could be maintained with mowing and vegetation growth promoted to help with stability.
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the new stormwater drain.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted from truck into position on the side of the road. An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats into position.
- The mats and edges were then covered in soil to hold into position.
- The site was then seeded to promote vegetation growth.
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled water to flow down the drain
- Very efficient solution to minimize traffic congestion while under construction
- Reduced traffic disruption due to quick instillation
- Once laid the mats were laid in place they started working straight away with localized storms prior to completion
- Safe for environment – no contamination to the stormwater drain
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading soil over mats, and preparation of the site for public access use after mat was laid into place.
- 7 hours for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock. LOCATION: Hewitt Station near Alice Springs...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats LOCATION: Keen...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...
PROJECT: Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings. LOCATION: Residential property, Ballina...