Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats
Keen Street Gundarimba Lismore NSW 2480
- 240 square metres
- 5 hours start to finish
- 8 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0111
Subdivision access road upgrade and redesign of stormwater drain
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the stormwater drain.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted into position using an excavator.
- An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats in position
- The leading edge of the mat was dug in pinned down. The remainder of mats where just laid on top of the ground and pinned.
- No topsoil was placed over the mats
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled stormwater drain that can be maintained.
- Very efficient solution for stormwater drain to enable safe access and maintenance.
- Easy installation and project times and minimal resources.
- Once laid the mats were able to start working straight away with the regional storms.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, and preparation of the site for public access use after mat was laid into place.
- 5 hours for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Line and shape a sloped driveway and runoff drain LOCATION: St Helena Hill Ewingsdale NSW 2479 PROJECT STATS:...
PROJECT: At Barfield Station, a series of porous check dams were installed along two gully systems to slow the flow of...
PROJECT: Repair to eroded gravel driveway and runoff drains LOCATION: Houghlahans Creek Farm NSW PROJECT STATS: Mat:...
PROJECT: Repair and line wide drainage channels with concrete mats for roadside drains. LOCATION: Bulloo Shire Council...
PROJECT: Upgrade slope stabilisation, erosion control and drainage and culvert lining LOCATION: Western Downs Regional...
PROJECT: Repair collapsed farm drain and spillway to restore stability to eroded banks and reduce sediment runoff from...
PROJECT: To create hard stand stable surface around troughs for livestock. LOCATION: Hewitt Station near Alice Springs...
PROJECT: Driveway over soft grass and boggy patches LOCATION: Orange NSW PROJECT STATS: 7 Rolls - 2.4m wide x 10m long...
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...