Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats
Keen Street Gundarimba Lismore NSW 2480
- 240 square metres
- 5 hours start to finish
- 8 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0111
Subdivision access road upgrade and redesign of stormwater drain
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the stormwater drain.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted into position using an excavator.
- An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats in position
- The leading edge of the mat was dug in pinned down. The remainder of mats where just laid on top of the ground and pinned.
- No topsoil was placed over the mats
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled stormwater drain that can be maintained.
- Very efficient solution for stormwater drain to enable safe access and maintenance.
- Easy installation and project times and minimal resources.
- Once laid the mats were able to start working straight away with the regional storms.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, and preparation of the site for public access use after mat was laid into place.
- 5 hours for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
Rural, Agricultural & Private Projects
RURAL - AGRICULTURAL - GRAZIERS - PASTORAL - ORCHARDS - IRRIGATION
Local Councils, Municipal & Public Works
PUBLIC WORKS - REGIONAL GOVERNMENT - LOCAL COUNCILS - CIVIC - MUNICIPAL
Construction, Roads, Bridges, Mining & Energy
CIVIL - ROADS - AVIATION - RAIL - MINES - CONSTRUCTION
Environmental and Rehabilitation Projects
ENVIRONMENTAL - REGENERATION - REHABILITATION - SUSTAINABLE