Lismore City COuncil Upgrade eroded stormwater drains by lining with flexible concrete mats
Keen Street Gundarimba Lismore NSW 2480
- 240 square metres
- 5 hours start to finish
- 8 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0111
Subdivision access road upgrade and redesign of stormwater drain
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the stormwater drain.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted into position using an excavator.
- An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats onto the beach
- The leading edge of the mat was dug in pinned down. The remainder of mats where just laid on top of the ground and pinned.
- No topsoil was placed over the mats
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled stormwater drain that can be maintained.
- Very efficient solution for stormwater drain to enable safe access and maintenance.
- Easy installation and project times and minimal resources.
- Once laid the mats were able to start working straight away with the regional storms.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, and preparation of the site for public access use after mat was laid into place.
- 5 hours for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Replace eroded and failing Rip Rap drain with Flexible Concrete Erosion Mats LOCATION: Beechmont QLD 4211...
PROJECT: To repair a dam spillway that was eroding after every rain event. LOCATION: Harpers Creek Road CONONDALE...
PROJECT: Build Boat Ramp for river bank LOCATION: Wheelbarrow Ridge Road LOWER PORTLAND NSW 2756 PROJECT STATS: 72...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Rous Mill NSW 2477 PROJECT...
PROJECT: Driveway over sand to tents and for safe beach access LOCATION: Near Gladstone QLD 4680 PROJECT STATS: 1 Roll...
PROJECT: Repair Mountain Bike Trail that had become unsafe due to erosion. LOCATION: Duck Creek Mountain Trail Bike...
PROJECT: Repair drainage slope and eroded area between adjoining buildings. LOCATION: Residential property, Ballina...
PROJECT: Replace Failed Rock Mattresses on overflow channel LOCATION: Gowrie Junction QLD 4252 PROJECT STATS: 209...
PROJECT: Shute Harbour and Seawall LOCATION: Shute Harbour QLD 4802 PROJECT STATS: 156 square metres 54 Cable Block...
PROJECT: Build replacement stormwater drain for Queensland Healthy Land & Water LOCATION: Pine Mountain Queensland...