Build replacement stormwater drain for Queensland Healthy Land & Water
Pine Mountain Queensland
- 72 square metres
- 4 hours start to finish
- 8 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourer
OUR REF: ACM 0135
The Stormwater drain has been a major issue for Healthy Land and Water Queensland.
The previous attempts to rectify the drain have failed when using Rip Rap. It has resulted in numerous failures due to the drop in elevation and the alluvial soils in the area. The constant erosion has resulted in soil flowing into the local waterways.
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the water drainage channel.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted from truck into position using an Excavator.
- An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats down the slope.
- The mat edges were then pinned down with metal stakes. Additional rock was placed around the mat edges.
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat to enable the water to flow down the slope.
- Cost effective solution to alternative.
- Quick instillation time.
- Once laid the mats were able to start working straight away.
- Safe for environment – no contamination to the stream.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, placing rock.
4 weeks for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: To construct a spillway and overflow channel to control the release of flows from the farm dam LOCATION:...
PROJECT: To construct a services access road through a swampy area for Country Energy Contractor vehicles. LOCATION:...
PROJECT: Concrete Erosion Mats were applied to swale drains along the edges of a newly constructed road and bridge....
PROJECT: Cleanup and Protection of drain outlet and water channel on Sugarcane Farm LOCATION: DUNGARUBBA, New South...