To upgrade and construct a drainage channel alongside sports fields and railway track
Church Street, MOSS VALE NSW 2577
- 2350 square metres
- 4 weeks start to finish
- 8 tonne excavator
- 4 tonne excavator
- skid steer
- dump truck
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0177
The Wembley Road Playing Fields Drain was being reconstructed from a minor drain into a larger drain to accommodate the water runoff from a new subdivision opposite the playing fields and cater for the water runoff from adjacent railway tracks. The new drain was over 350 meters long and 6 meters wide.
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the new drainage channel.
- Excess soil had to be removed from site.
- Site required levelling with a Grader.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted from truck into position.
- Due to the vegetation growing on one side of the drain the Council required two excavator machines to unroll the concrete mats longitudinally up the drain. One smaller excavator inside the drain and the other to one side.
- The mat edges were trenched into the soil. The joins where pinned using U-Bar anchors.
- The Concrete mats where topped with soil to promote vegetation growth.
- The entire project is sprayed with grass seed .
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from mat enabled a permeable drain.
- Easy to maintain and mow.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT FOR INSTALLATION
- Two excavators to offload and place in drain.
- Skid steer to clean up site and place top soil.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading soil over mats, and preparation of the site for public access
4 weeks for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place.
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Build replacement stormwater drain for Queensland Healthy Land & Water LOCATION: Pine Mountain Queensland...
PROJECT: Stabilise slope of new irrigation pond embankment being built for new pump heads LOCATION: Darley's Crossing...
PROJECT: Bridge abutment stabilisation at Deebing Creek Bridge Works LOCATION: RIPLEY QLD 4306, for Ipswich Shire...
PROJECT: Build Temporary Boat Ramp for access alongside the construction of permanent ramp LOCATION: DINGO BEACH near...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Sneaths Lane, ALSTONVALE NSW...
PROJECT: Farm access road required roadside drains to be cleaned up and protected from further erosion. Concrete...
PROJECT: To construct a spillway and overflow channel to control the release of flows from the farm dam LOCATION:...
PROJECT: To construct a services access road through a swampy area for Country Energy Contractor vehicles. LOCATION:...
PROJECT: Concrete Erosion Mats were applied to swale drains along the edges of a newly constructed road and bridge....
PROJECT: Cleanup and Protection of drain outlet and water channel on Sugarcane Farm LOCATION: DUNGARUBBA, New South...