Stabilise slope of new irrigation pond embankment being built for new pump heads
Darley’s Crossing Nanango QLD 4615
- 108 square metres
- 3 hours start to finish
- 20 tonne excavator
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
OUR REF: ACM 0129
The Nanango irrigation pump head was installed on a private property by the Farmer to reduce sediment flowing into the ponds and eliminating erosion the dam edges.
- An excavator with bucket was used to dig and shape the dam sides.
- Concrete Erosion mats were lifted from the truck into position on the top side of the dam wall and rolled into the water.
- An excavator bucket was used to unroll mats.
- The mats and edges were then covered with a concrete edge and slab.
- The soil was then placed, seeded and ‘watered-in’ over the top of the Concrete erosion mats.
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Safe and hard surface created from erosion mat helps minimised sediment erosion.
- Maintains integrity of pump stand.
- Reduced water lapping to pump stand wall.
- Allows for vegetation growth to minimize soil slippage.
- Very efficient solution for challenging scenario – working between dam wall and water.
- Safe for environment – no contamination to the beach or ocean
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- One excavator to offload the delivery truck and place mats onto site.
- Fast and efficient installation. Two labourers on the ground to assist positioning, spreading soil over mats, and preparation of the site.
- Safe access for concrete workers doing the concrete slab.
- 2 hours for preparation, laying and covering the mat into place
GALLERY OF WORKS
EXPLORE MORE PROJECTS WITH CONCRETE EROSION MATS
PROJECT: Build replacement stormwater drain for Queensland Healthy Land & Water LOCATION: Pine Mountain Queensland...
PROJECT: To upgrade and construct a drainage channel alongside sports fields and railway track LOCATION: Church...
PROJECT: Bridge abutment stabilisation at Deebing Creek Bridge Works LOCATION: RIPLEY QLD 4306, for Ipswich Shire...
PROJECT: Build Temporary Boat Ramp for access alongside the construction of permanent ramp LOCATION: DINGO BEACH near...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Sneaths Lane, ALSTONVALE NSW...
PROJECT: Farm access road required roadside drains to be cleaned up and protected from further erosion. Concrete...
PROJECT: To construct a spillway and overflow channel to control the release of flows from the farm dam LOCATION:...
PROJECT: To construct a services access road through a swampy area for Country Energy Contractor vehicles. LOCATION:...
PROJECT: Concrete Erosion Mats were applied to swale drains along the edges of a newly constructed road and bridge....
PROJECT: Cleanup and Protection of drain outlet and water channel on Sugarcane Farm LOCATION: DUNGARUBBA, New South...