To construct a spillway and overflow channel to control the release of flows from the farm dam
Marom Creek Road, MEERSCHAUM VALE NSW
- 144 square metres
- 4 rolls – 2.4m wide x 15m mat
- 5 hour start to finish
- 1 x 5 ton excavator with bucket
- 1 operator and 2 labourers
Farm dams overflow and spillway were damaged due to erosion from floods and heavy rains. Farmer required flows to be regulated and spillways constructed in a way that would minimise sediment flowing into and from his dam. He also needed good access so he could mow with his slasher in the future without damaging the dam edges.
- Excavator was used to clear the eroded channels and prepare drain for water to flow into the dam
- Excavator cleared and prepared the dam slipway for water to flow between the dams
- The cleared area was seeded for grass to grow under the mat
- Concrete Erosion rolls were placed into position and unrolled across the cleared areas
- The flexible nature of the mats ensured that it easily contoured to the curves of the spillway and dam edges
- The bucket of the excavator simply pulled the mat to straighten and into position
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Reduced flow speed and therefore potential erosion of the water as it flowed across the concrete mat
- Vegetation will grow through the mat and allow for the farmer to maintain into the future
- Reduce sediment loss and maintain a hard surface creek access to dam edges
- Very efficient with time and resources.
- The works were completed swiftly, with minimal labour and effort
- Once laid the mats start working straight away
GALLERY OF WORKS
PROJECT: Bridge abutment stabilisation at Deebing Creek Bridge Works LOCATION: RIPLEY QLD 4306, for Ipswich Shire...
PROJECT: Build Temporary Boat Ramp for access alongside the construction of permanent ramp LOCATION: DINGO BEACH near...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Sneaths Lane, ALSTONVALE NSW...
PROJECT: Farm access road required roadside drains to be cleaned up and protected from further erosion. Concrete...
PROJECT: To construct a services access road through a swampy area for Country Energy Contractor vehicles. LOCATION:...
PROJECT: Concrete Erosion Mats were applied to swale drains along the edges of a newly constructed road and bridge....
PROJECT: Cleanup and Protection of drain outlet and water channel on Sugarcane Farm LOCATION: DUNGARUBBA, New South...