To construct a services access road through a swampy area for Country Energy Contractor vehicles.
Marom Creek Road, MEERSCHAUM VALE NSW
- 36 square metres –
- 1 roll – 2.4m wide x 15m mat
- 1.5 hour start to finish
- 1 5 ton excavator with bucket
- 1 operator and 1 labourer
Farm creek crossing and culvert entrance was dry due to drought so prime opportunity to clear out and construct a suitable hard surface access road for services to driveover without getting bogged and to avoide further erosion of the creek bed from fast flowing water.
- Excavator was used to clear debris and weeds along the creek and culvert opening and stabilise the base of the creek bed.
- Area was seeded for grass to grow under the mat
- Concrete Erosion rolls placed into position and unrolled into place
- The flexible nature of the mats ensured that it easily contoured to the curves of the creek bed.
- The bucket of the loader simply pulled the mat to straighten and into position
- Once the mat was in position the excavator drove over it to track the mat into the ground
RESULTS & BENEFITS:
- Reduce the velocity of the water when it flowed across the concrete mat
- Vegetation will grow through the mat and allow for the farmer to maintain into the future
- Reduce sediment loss and maintain a hard surface creek crossing
- Very efficient with time and resources.
- The works were completed swiftly, with minimal labour and effort
- Once laid the mats start working straight away.
GALLERY OF WORKS
PROJECT: Bridge abutment stabilisation at Deebing Creek Bridge Works LOCATION: RIPLEY QLD 4306, for Ipswich Shire...
PROJECT: Build Temporary Boat Ramp for access alongside the construction of permanent ramp LOCATION: DINGO BEACH near...
PROJECT: Cleanup and protection of Macadamia orchard water channel and drain LOCATION: Sneaths Lane, ALSTONVALE NSW...
PROJECT: Farm access road required roadside drains to be cleaned up and protected from further erosion. Concrete...
PROJECT: To construct a spillway and overflow channel to control the release of flows from the farm dam LOCATION:...
PROJECT: Concrete Erosion Mats were applied to swale drains along the edges of a newly constructed road and bridge....
PROJECT: Cleanup and Protection of drain outlet and water channel on Sugarcane Farm LOCATION: DUNGARUBBA, New South...